Mehr Infos, Videos,... hat Christoph in seinem Blog zusammengestellt...
"In 2008, I walked through China - one year, more than 4500km. All the while, I let my hair and my beard grow. This is the resulting video. Add me on FB: http://www.facebook.com/crehage Or drop by on my blog: http://www.thelongestway.com"
- I never finished my original goal of walking to Germany. Instead, I walked for a year and roughly 4500km, passed the Gobi desert, and then decided to stop walking for now.
- All of the distance from Beijing to Ürümqi was completed solely on foot, straight good old walking. There are instances where you can see me in the video sitting on a plane or riding a boat, but those are during breaks I had to take from walking, either to sort out bureaucracy issues or to take care of some personal things.
- I had been planning this trip for over a year before I even started, and getting as far as I got was an experience for which I am very grateful.
- Obtaining the necessary visa for a trip like this was not very easy, hence I had to go back to Beijing a few times to resolve some issues.
- This is not a strict "1 pic a day" video, because I wanted to make it a bit more alive by adding some additional movement. Sometimes during the film you would follow me turn around, or something would happen in the background. I tried to capture these moments to make the video more interesting.
- If you liked the music I used in this video, get it here:
The Kingpins - "L'Aventurier" http://bit.ly/RXOMaz
Zhu Fengbo - "Olive Tree" http://bit.ly/UDsHT7
- The core of this project is in actually my blog where I have posted my extensive travel diary, starting from day 1 (Nov 9th 2007) and describing every single day until the end one year later.
If you have any additional questions, please refer to:
and get the Google Earth file here (1KB):